Running a financial business in 2022 is very different from what it was like just 30 years ago. Today, global markets are open practically 24/7, with their performance affected by news that travels faster than ever.
All this results in enormous data that any financial services company looking to stay ahead of the game needs to collect, process, and deliver within a short period.
But how do you do that on a 24-hour basis, without incurring a huge human resources cost and without exhausting and demotivating your workforce?
The answer is robot investment management software that runs on Complex Event Processing, which can help you revolutionise your business in three key ways.
1. Complex Event Processing Saves You Precious Time
Complex Event Processing is a technique that lets this type of software:
- Find or compile data from multiple sources;
- Normalise and process it against your particular system;
- Run massive calculations based on multiple event rules quickly; and
- Deliver processed data to multiple outputs and channels.
This may sound like a straightforward affair, but companies that use such software often say it’s a complete gamechanger.
That’s because this type of software reduces the need for employees to work with different kinds of software platforms and removes processing bottlenecks.
This helps increase efficiency and enables employees to gain a higher level of performance and achieve faster time-to-market for any new development.
2. Complex Event Processing Helps You Keep Up With The Stats
It’s no secret that we now create enormous amounts of data each day: approximately 2.5 quintillion bytes, in fact.
While not all of that is financial data, a sizeable chunk is. Indeed, it is impossible for a human being to keep up with all the new macroeconomic data being released by the global markets, the financial exchanges, the market indexes, and now the blockchain, to mention a few.
Complex Event Processing software comes with the capability of handling all this.
But, there’s more, as it can:
- combine data from multiple sources to increase the information you have available to you;
- perform big data processing, which means you won’t have to rely on watered-down datasets that may not reproduce the right picture;
- analyse all data quickly and efficiently in an autonomous manner; and
- deliver output data and trigger actions according to specific rules.
3. Complex Event Processing Helps Improve Your Reaction Time
Through all this, you also get the tools to make better decisions faster. So, while your competitors are still trying to decide what yesterday’s or this morning’s data means, you have the opportunity to fine-tune your investment strategy.
Moreover, such software can quickly pick up on any sudden changes in the market – such as when Elon Musk tweets and the price of dogecoin rises by 50% in a few hours.
This is invaluable in a global market where the news travels faster than ever… So it can only help you!
Final Thoughts on Complex Event Processing
The best part is that it can do all this 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ensuring you’re always on the ball… In other words, Complex Event Processing can help you make the most of your time and talent while reducing the risk of delaying actions or acting with limited data… But how do you get started?